One of my friends' portable hard disk was infected with virus like new folder. I brought it to my house to copy some data to it. I have installed Symantec Antivirus. Whenever I try to insert the USB cable in port, the computer hanged. I tried many times. I then, disabled Antivirus. Later on, while I try to open a drive of infected hard disk, it showed an error message called "Error Performing Inpage Operation".
I thought it was due to some paging error and concluded that the hard disk was not of good quality as it was of some unknown brand. So, finally, I have to delete the partition and format the drive from Disk Management utility of Windows.

Later on, one other friend informed me that he has same problem. Now, this time it was in his local hard disk, I mean not portable hard disk. As the data was important this time, I googled in the Internet. After so many predictions, I finally found a appropriate solution.

The solution was to use CHKDSK utility of Windows. From Command prompt (windows + R), type the following command.

C:\chkdsk <infected drive> /f /R

/f switch is to fix errors in disk.
/R switch is to locate bad sector and recover readable information.

This worked like magic. So, I suggest to try this command, if you are having same problem in your computer.

0 comments: